About the role:
We’re looking for a well-rounded product designer to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will be responsible for:
- executing clear, thoughtful design solutions for both desktop and mobile
- measuring the effectiveness of your solutions and iterating accordingly
- participating in every aspect of the product development process, from creating wireframes and sketching interaction flows to shipping assets
- maintaining a cohesive, consistent and visually beautiful experience
This is an incredible opportunity to do really important work and have a ton of influence on the team, product and company culture.
BetterCompany aims to be the most positive place on the Internet.
- BetterCompany, the mobile app , is a safe community for you to ask questions, get support, and gain perspective from your peers. Without your identity, you are able to talk about what matters to you with people that can relate.
- BetterCompany Interview, our enterprise product, aims to help people make the best decisions in their careers by providing them with authentic and honest perspectives on what it's like to work at companies of their interest.
- 3+ years of experience designing products for web & mobile
- Excellent self-management skills and ability to work independently
- Excited to solve hard problems and learn new things
- Sweat the details hard, but can see the big picture
- Value data-driven design and user research to inform your design decisions
- Able to communicate and share your design process clearly
- Unafraid to have your opinion changed (strong beliefs, weakly held)
- Experience with vector art
- Huge plus: strong HTML and CSS chops
Skip the formulaic cover letter - tell us why you love design, why you’re interested in our mission and ask us some questions. Please include a link to some of your work as well -- the more it shows your process, the better!
Stop a minute, search "BetterCompany" in the app store and go through our onboarding. We'll wait. Ok, so if you're the right person for the job, you'll have nits and ideas on how to improve it, but you'll also see that we care deeply about using design to help set a specific emotional state. You'll also see that the conversational tone is overwhelmingly positive, and don't we all need that these days?
We are looking to meet passionate, thoughtful and incredible people that are excited at the idea of making an impact, work well autonomously, and have a proven design-eye across all digital mediums.
- Attributes that are important to us:
- Human-centered design-thinking
- Pixel perfection
- Able to deeply understand the needs, wants and desires of our audience
- Strong organization for handoffs and collaboration
- Ability to make complex digital UX problems simpler
- Experience in the agency or startup environment.
- Background in one or more of the following – graphic design, UX/UI design, web design, organizational design, product design
- Be self-motivated and a team-player
- Excel at making data-driven decisions
- Thrive in providing and receiving honest feedback
- Pay attention to details, large and small
- Be able to create simple and clean designs to complex problems - A “no excuses” attitude when it comes to executing
The good stuff:
- A meaningful job that provides you daily confirmation that your skills, talent and experience are making a difference in the world.
- A thriving, well-funded startup with super passionate colleagues
- A design-minded, empathetic and user-centric team and product process.
- A light-filled office space in Downtown SF, within walking distance of BART and Muni
- Health and Dental benefits that are almost Canadian
- Generous time off and company holiday allowance